5th undersea cable cut!

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 09:47:49 MST 2008

On 2/7/08, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> A weaker dollar is not always a bad thing.  With a weaker dollar our goods
> and services are more globally affordable.

  actually for folks like us a weak dollar is the greatest news we can
get.  Weak Dollar = outsourcing no longer financially viable.  Also,
all companies commited to platforms and organizations tied into
outsourcing, specifically in India : costs++; .  Generally as the
dollar weakens, companies will look more and more towards extremely
cheap and cost effective platforms = LINUX + OSS.

  http://tinyurl.com/2r6pwf

  in general I think the financial situation is far worse than the MSM
makes it out to be.  But Britany Spears' condition appears to be
improving, and according to NBC, MSFT is poised for growth until 3012
A.D.

  re. cut cables: I don't think that they would do this to effect the
oil trade in the long term.  It seems to be more of a short term
tactical move of some sort, which to me is cause for alarm.

  -jmz