5th undersea cable cut!

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 09:24:34 MST 2008

A weaker dollar is not always a bad thing.  With a weaker dollar our goods and services are more globally affordable.

Interesting twist wouldn't you say?

Joshua Zeidner <jjzeidner at gmail.com> wrote: On 2/7/08, Joshua Zeidner  wrote:
> On 2/7/08, Charles Jones  wrote:
> > I've read most of the conspiracy theories regarding why anyone would
> > want to take Iran off the net. The one that makes the most sense i,s
> > that it was done to delay the opening of the "Iran Oil Bourse", which
> > was due to open between Feb 1-11. What is the Bourse? (see
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Oil_Bourse) Basically a trading
> > market where Iran will sell their oil, petrochemicals, and gas. Why
> > would we want to stop that? Because they are not allowing US dollars to
> > be traded, effectively banning the US from their market, which would
> > have major impact on the value of the dollar.
> >
> > http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=37468&sectionid=351020103
> >
> > Interestingly, I also found an article (
> > http://www.energybulletin.net/12125.html ) that was published over two
> > years ago. The article was about the then "proposed" Iranian Oil Bourse,
> > and how it was deemed to be a serious danger to the Amercian financial
> > market and economy. The article goes on to predict what would happen if
> > the Bourse actually came online. The *first* in the list of predicted
> > possible actions is:
> >
> > "Sabotaging the Exchange—this could be a computer virus, network,
> > communications, or server attack, various server security breaches, or a
> > 9-11-type attack on main and backup facilities."
> >
> > Hmmm isn't this exactly what we are seeing? ... and right before the
> > Iranian Oil Bourse is due to go online...coincidence?
>
>  hold on... when was the oil bourse due to go online?  link?
>
>  -jmz

  Charles,

  sorry, just followed that link- lll never post before my morning coffee again!

  "Because they are not allowing US dollars to be traded, effectively
banning the US from their market" .  It doesnt quite work to ban the
US from the market, but does have the effect of reducing the value of
the dollar.  Theres no reason why the US can't purchase Euros and then
buy oil with them, but then we are effectively reducing our position
relative to the EU, because we can't just print money and buy oil with
it.  The bourse issue has been an ongoing one for some time, for
instance Saddam Hussein was going to denominate oil in Euros at some
point that according to some people was the main instigator in one of
our military exploits in Iraq.

  -jmz

Keith Smith
(520) 207-9877