OT: Linux - Stop holding our kids back

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Wed Dec 10 16:17:37 MST 2008

Love that word edjumacate.

I agree with you, Bob.  We all (all Linux enthusiasts) need a polite,
concise, effective way (website and perhaps other tools) to convey
useful, persuasive, information about the benefits of Linux and other
FOSS to the hoards who are so terribly in the dark.

One huge benefit, I think, would be to simply have a comprehensive
list of both major and name-recognition users who are mainly, if not
exclusively Linux users, and possibly also an impressive list of
quotable quotes from people of note (recognizable names, etc.)
about their use of and preference for Linux.

If folks would like to send such lists to me, I would be glad to try to
compile those lists on a web page, but it would be even better if
our PLUG website could have a link where anyone and everyone
could add to a list of names and quotable quotes.

Does anyone "out there" know of any such lists that already
exist (and are up to date)?

joe at actionline.com