KDE 4 and Kubuntu?

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 21:12:51 MST 2008

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 9:08 PM, Alan Dayley <alandd at consultpros.com> wrote:

> Novell has re-upped with Microsoft, including the continuation of
> "intellectual property" FUD[1].  So, I've been patient because I
> really want to like Novell and I like OpenSUSE but, it's time to move
> on from the "Linux division of MS"
>
> My most likely destination distro is Kunbuntu because of it's strong
> support, good reputation and my preference for KDE.

  Welcome aboard!

>  I downloaded the
> community supported version of 8.04 that has KDE 4 as the default
> desktop.  I'm curious as to it's stability.  If you have experience
> with KDE 4, especially on Kubuntu, please share with all of us.  Has
> it been stable?  Is it resource hungry?  Any other gotchas?  Did you
> wish to go back to KDE 3.x?  Why or why not?

  I started with Kubuntu, and moved to Ubuntu.  There are far more Ubuntu
users and the packages, etc. have better community support.  Unless KDE is a
major req for you, I would suggest falling into the Ubuntu groove.

  -jmz

> Thanks for any advice.
>
> Alan
>
> [1]
> http://blogs.computerworld.com/novell_and_microsoft_stop_with_the_fud_already

"Never take counsel of your fears." - Andrew Jackson

- http://www.joshuazeidner.com/