KDE 4 and Kubuntu?

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Sun Aug 24 21:08:00 MST 2008

Novell has re-upped with Microsoft, including the continuation of
"intellectual property" FUD[1].  So, I've been patient because I
really want to like Novell and I like OpenSUSE but, it's time to move
on from the "Linux division of MS"

My most likely destination distro is Kunbuntu because of it's strong
support, good reputation and my preference for KDE.  I downloaded the
community supported version of 8.04 that has KDE 4 as the default
desktop.  I'm curious as to it's stability.  If you have experience
with KDE 4, especially on Kubuntu, please share with all of us.  Has
it been stable?  Is it resource hungry?  Any other gotchas?  Did you
wish to go back to KDE 3.x?  Why or why not?

Thanks for any advice.

Alan

[1]http://blogs.computerworld.com/novell_and_microsoft_stop_with_the_fud_already