[Fwd: Rejected email connections after GMail move]

Alan Dayley adayley at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 23:33:42 MST 2008

Thanks for the help, everyone. As you can see in the From address, this
email is not from my consultpros.com domain.  So I have not fixed
whatever the issue is.

First a few points of interest:
- I have not yet read the lifehacker article cited below (Thanks!) but I
am already using the GMail SMTP server for outgoing messages with
Thunderbird.  That's what I was doing when the problem reared it's head.
- I have tested and discovered that the connection rejection happens
even when I use the gmail/consultpros.com web interface, so it is
probably not a Thunderbird issue at all. (Just sent another test from
the web to be sure I remember this test result correctly.)

It must be something in my domain settings, MX records, what have you
that is causing the rejection.

Here is one of the intermediate replies:
------------------
Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

     plug-discuss at plug.phoenix.az.us

Message will be retried for 1 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more
at http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=7720
[ns3.LuftHans.com. (10): Connection timed out]

Hmm... I need to go read the referenced article.

Alan