asterisk: forward disconnect and Cox

Jon M. Hanson jon at the-hansons-az.net
Wed Sep 26 08:38:54 MST 2007

I, too, would like to eventually get Asterisk set up at hy mouse if for
no other reason to say I have my own PBX (not to mention the extensive
features that Asterisk has). I'm thinking of installing Asterisk at Home
(now TrixBox).

Fortunately my entire house (phone jacks and network jacks) are all CAT
5e so it should be really simple to set up IP phones throughout the
house.

I am going to need the analog adaptor for my cordless phone and the
add-in card to interface with the PSTN (I'm not going pure
voice-over-IP). Can someone make some recomendations for the analog
phone adaptors? Also, I'd like some links on where to find the PSTN
interface cards below if possible.

I actually have two incoming lines (one goes to a fax machine). Is there
a way for Asterisk to detect an incoming fax and then store it for
e-mailing or display later? If so then I wouldn't need the separate line
and I could just let Asterisk automatically detect an incoming fax call.