asterisk: forward disconnect and Cox

JD Austin jd at twingeckos.com
Wed Sep 26 08:45:13 MST 2007

I've been toying with asterisk at home/trixbox for quite a while.
When Fonality took ownership the initial changes were nice.. the
interface looked good/etc.
Now I think they've taken it too far; they've affected the overall
vision in a negative way in my opinion.
Releases sometimes are VERY broken so don't assume it's you :)  Also be
sure to get the community edition (CE) when you download Trixbox, not
the Pro edition.  The Pro edition has a hosted web interface on their
server for parts of it.

Lately I've jumped ship (I don't like their direction anymore) and
started looking at alternatives such as adminsparadise
(adminsparadise.com) since they're much closer to what I'd build from
scratch if I had the time.  I use it as a jumping off point and
immediately upgrade all of the components (asterisk, freepbx,
avantfax,etc) and add a few more such as phpmyadmin and a few pther things.

As far as buying asterisk hardware I recommend starting on freepbx.com
(feed the project) since it is really voipsupply.com.

JD

JD Austin
Twin Geckos Technology Services LLC
email: jd at twingeckos.com