Great for Grandmas who Like to nano xorg.conf

Jeff Garland jeff at crystalclearsoftware.com
Wed Oct 24 12:04:03 MST 2007

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 10:59:35 -0700, Dazed_75 wrote
> On 10/24/07, Craig Brooksby <craig.brooksby at gmail.com> wrote:

> > The theme of this whine is that Ubuntu is great for grandma, until
> > something happens.  Then it's back to editing xorg.conf.

I think this whine can pretty much apply to all operating systems.  I've seen
my fair share of 'happenings' with windoze where I ended up as tech support
for Grandma ;-) These events typically involved groping around to get a
compatible driver, editing the registry to resolve some silliness, fixing the
virus crud, or reinstalling for the nth time.  All things at about the same
level of opaqueness as xorg.conf.

Jeff