couldn't get connected.....

Nathan Aubrey nathan at paysonlinux.org
Mon Oct 22 09:22:24 MST 2007

A lot of times what I see is something on cox's end, or in my case Qwest as we
don't have cox up here, is that something nasty happens with my IP on their
end. So when I try to cycle the cable modem, my system requests the same IP
address. I can force it to request a NEW ip but it doesn't always work.

Deleting the dhcpcd-eth0.info file in /etc/dhcpc usually allows me to request
a new IP without mentioning my previous.

Of course, rebooting deletes this file, which is why rebooting works when
other things don't.

This may be your problem as well.

nathan