couldn't get connected.....

eculbert eculbert at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 10:18:30 MST 2007

I have dsl from qworst also. I ran into that problem
about 3 years ago and it turned out that my FIRMWARE
in their modem needed updating. Been solid since. You
MIGHT check their current revision of firmware from
their site and then do a 192.168.0.1 or whatever the
last is and check the INSTALLED revision on your
modem.

I was still able to get in, but being dropped
regularily before updating the modem. Just fyi and
possibly?? your problem.

Ed Culbertson

Casual linux user.

--- Nathan Aubrey <nathan at paysonlinux.org> wrote:

> A lot of times what I see is something on cox's end,
> or in my case Qwest as we
> don't have cox up here, is that something nasty
> happens with my IP on their
> end. So when I try to cycle the cable modem, my
> system requests the same IP
> address. I can force it to request a NEW ip but it
> doesn't always work.
>
> Deleting the dhcpcd-eth0.info file in /etc/dhcpc
> usually allows me to request
> a new IP without mentioning my previous.
>
> Of course, rebooting deletes this file, which is why
> rebooting works when
> other things don't.
>
> This may be your problem as well.
>
> nathan

Ed/ke7feg
Ah, dripping weather gone! Was nice and cool this morning

PS use the following if curious about the cw above and don't know it.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/morse_code.htm

Did I mention, 2/23/07 the FCC droped all testing for any license as a ham?
Just pass the written and "Yo's a ham"!!