fans and cooling

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Tue Oct 16 10:05:34 MST 2007

On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 09:55:11AM -0700, Josh Coffman wrote:
> Anyone have suggestions on keeping a box cool that is inside of a desk
> cabinet? I'm not opposed to modifying the desk as long as it's not an
> ugly mod.

You could make two decent sized holes, top and bottom, of the side/back
panel of the desk. That would allow some airflow. You could also get a
large case fan and mount it to the top hole, blowing out. Fan speed is
usually controlled by voltage, so get a large fan and run it at low RPM
so it's quiet.

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/