OT: Mock Terrorist Attack

Michael Sammartano volinaz at cox.net
Wed Oct 3 15:48:31 MST 2007

All,

I would strongly recommend that before they shoot off  about the resources being used, that they read the linked article. Any anger should be directed to the US Senate. The article states that the Senate has done little to nothing to make the public aware of the past tests. It also states the House is demanding the Senate answer them in regards to the past tests. The States have NOT been made aware of the Fed's findings and have also not been updated. The local agencies involved in this test are doing nothing more than they are told, and as a result get the proper training they need for a worst cased scenario, regardless of wht the US Gov't finds. I can speak for all Emergency Personnel that the training is necessary to be properly prepared for such an event. The training involved is costly and fully accceptable. Just think, the life they are training to save could be your own family member.

Michael Sammartano
Former Fireman PJFD, NY
---- David Munson <david.munson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm sending this to both PLUG and ASULUG, just so everyone knows.
>
> Off-topic, but I thought folks might like to know about this, since it
> will probably have an impact on travel times and whatnot.
>
> Apparently "the government" (as I'm not sure which agency or agencies
> will be involved) will be conducting a mock terrorist attack on Oct
> 15-19th, at the intersection of the 101 and the 202.
>
> "and a third dirty bomb will explode at the intersection of busy
> routes 101 and 202 near Phoenix."
>
> http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jgWlwQU6xnhKvkzTDNTioV_ABuzAD8S1T1RG0
>
> Feel free to question their choice of location, complain about using
> valuable emergency personnel, or express general annoyance that
> they're doing this in the first place.
>
> Also, we're not the only place getting "hit" they're also after a
> power plant in Guam and the Steel Bridge in Portland, Oregon.

Please visit
http://www.iconnetworksolutions.com