OT: Mock Terrorist Attack

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Oct 3 16:34:00 MST 2007

Am 03. Oct, 2007 schwätzte Michael Sammartano so:

> I would strongly recommend that before they shoot off about the
> resources being used, that they read the linked article. Any anger
> should be directed to the US Senate. The article states that the
> Senate has done little to nothing to make the public aware of the

The Senate? The word Senate doesn't appear in the article. Do you mean
DHS?

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jgWlwQU6xnhKvkzTDNTioV_ABuzAD8S1T1RG0

> past tests. It also states the House is demanding the Senate answer
> them in regards to the past tests. The States have NOT been made
> aware of the Fed's findings and have also not been updated. The local
> agencies involved in this test are doing nothing more than they are
> told, and as a result get the proper training they need for a worst

Actually, the locals in US-AZ are doing more than they're told, so they're
better prepared :).

> cased scenario, regardless of wht the US Gov't finds. I can speak for
> all Emergency Personnel that the training is necessary to be properly
> prepared for such an event. The training involved is costly and fully
> accceptable. Just think, the life they are training to save could be
> your own family member.

Yes, good training and exercises are important.

Will the exercise actually affect the civilian population?

I participated in a preparedness exercies at Sky Harbor some years ago.
Everything was done on the side and nothing interfered with airport
traffic.

The black smoke coming off the fire they set probably was a bit
disconcerting for travelers :), but it was well away from the runway and
terminal buildings.

> Michael Sammartano
> Former Fireman PJFD, NY

ciao,

der.hans
former simulated victim :).

PS: Thanks for serving.
#  "The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that
#  he should be able and willing to pull his weight."  -- Theodore Roosevelt