OT: Mock Terrorist Attack

David Munson david.munson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 13:58:52 MST 2007

I'm sending this to both PLUG and ASULUG, just so everyone knows.

Off-topic, but I thought folks might like to know about this, since it
will probably have an impact on travel times and whatnot.

Apparently "the government" (as I'm not sure which agency or agencies
will be involved) will be conducting a mock terrorist attack on Oct
15-19th, at the intersection of the 101 and the 202.

"and a third dirty bomb will explode at the intersection of busy
routes 101 and 202 near Phoenix."

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jgWlwQU6xnhKvkzTDNTioV_ABuzAD8S1T1RG0

Feel free to question their choice of location, complain about using
valuable emergency personnel, or express general annoyance that
they're doing this in the first place.

Also, we're not the only place getting "hit" they're also after a
power plant in Guam and the Steel Bridge in Portland, Oregon.