Looking for Linux Cell Phone/PDA Recommendation

Erich Newell erich.newell at gmail.com
Wed May 30 17:38:39 MST 2007

For what its worth, I have a Treo 650 and USED TO BE overwhelmingly happy
with it...until I eliminated my last winboxen last August. Support for the
Palm devices is really poor, which is a shame because otherwise it has
everything I could want in a PDA / SmartPhone. I have a 2GB card for loading
audio, video and files. It has an excellent ssh client (pssh) as well as
native support for gmail and google maps. I have also acquired a few apps
for reading PDFs, docs and spreadsheets which have been of some utility. My
favorite app is TCPMP (Core Media Player) which I use to watch the daily
show and BSG pretty much every day. The base browser is pretty crappy, but
Opera works well and renders most pages seamlessly.

IF I COULD ONLY SYNC IT WITH MY BOXEN. :(

After being a loyal palm user for nearly 10 years, I'm ready to say goodbye
for something that is well supported. How about that Road S101? That looks
promising, but what carriers can I use it with?

I'd really like to have a LINUX based smartphone. Are there any others with
a screen as large as the Treo's?

--
"A man is defined by the questions that he asks; and the way he goes about
finding the answers to those questions is the way he goes through life."