Looking for Linux Cell Phone/PDA Recommendation

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Thu May 31 22:24:39 MST 2007

Am 30. May, 2007 schwätzte Erich Newell so:

> I'd really like to have a LINUX based smartphone. Are there any others with
> a screen as large as the Treo's?

Doesn't look as large as Treo, but the article says it's Linux based.

http://www.mobiledia.com/news/59194.html

Any other Linux based phones actually available in Phoenix?

http://www.mobiletechnews.com/info/2007/03/29/132512.html

http://www.mobiletechnews.com/info/2006/11/09/124614.html

http://www.mobiletechnews.com/info/2005/06/27/115819.html

http://www.mobiletechnews.com/info/2004/11/10/022937.html

http://www.mobiletechnews.com/info/2004/03/11/044337.html

Do the helio phones work with GNU/Linux? What OS do they have?

http://www.mobiletechnews.com/info/2007/03/29/132512.html

I'd rather go the other way, simplify the phone. It needs to handle
connecting to the networks, base handset ( dialing, mic and speaker ) and
bluetooth ( or other local wireless ). The I use something like the Nokia
N800.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N800

Even better would be a way to separate the processor from the display
device such that I could use different displays depending on the
environment. Unfortunately, no one seems to want to offer such a product
and I don't have the money to develop one.

I don't know of any place that'll rate the devices for survival rate in
motorcycle accidents... :)

ciao,

der.hans
#  History is nothing but a collection of fables and useless trifles,
#  cluttered up with a mass of unnecessary figures and proper names.
#  -- Leo Tolstoy