SVN and perms

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Thu May 31 22:28:46 MST 2007

Am 30. May, 2007 schwätzte jdawgaz at cox.net so:

> you can do that in properties. you can set any property you want -- just make one up. like perms:rwxr-x--, or owner:joeuser, or group:newbie or just any old thing. just make sure you are not using a property that already exists.
>
> my guess here is that you can have a hook that reads what permissions of the file are, and its owner (like ls -l file | awk ....)
> and set the properties going in.
>
> i would advise not setting owner and group on the way out however.

Mostly owner should be correct as we won't be running as root. We need
some setguid action, though. I'll look at checks we can put in place.

We might just handle it via an external script that runs after checkouts
and keep the permissions in a files also in the repos.

danke,

der.hans
#  If you're not learning, you're not living. - der.hans