gnucash

Michael Havens bmike101 at cox.net
Mon Mar 12 22:18:22 MST 2007

well, I found some modern deb sources -(a)- and still couldn't apt-get
gnucash. So I went to the website and installed the tar file. After unzipping
and typing in ./configure it runs for a bit and then says:

	checking for GLIB - version >= 0.99.7... no
	*** The glib-config script installed by GLIB could not be found
	*** If GLIB was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
	*** your path, or set the GLIB_CONFIG environment variable to the
	*** full path to glib-config.
	configure: error: Cannot find glib. Check config.log
	bmike1 at 4[gnucash-1.8.3]$

I then tried to apt-get glib and GLIB.... to no avail. Then I tried to dselect
it and then dpkg it but both of those  failed in process as well. So I must
ask.... How should I go about installing glib with the ultimate outcome being
a working install of gnucash?

(a)

# See sources.list(5) for more information
# This file should be edited through synaptic
# New sources should be added only in the section at the end of this file!
# Primary
 deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
# MEPIS apt pool - specific packages available on-line
 deb http://apt.mepis.org/3.4 stable main
# mplayer
# deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ etch main
 deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib
	non-free
 deb http://security.debian.org/ sarge/updates main contrib non-free