gnucash/kmymoney

Eric "Shubes" plug at shubes.net
Sun Mar 4 09:16:59 MST 2007

Hey Mikey,

As Joseph said, don't go mixing repositories. Use only repositories that are
made for your *specific* distro. It'll just break things if you use repos
for other distros (or even other versions of the same distro). Just because
another distro is debian based doesn't mean that it's repos will work with
your debian based distro. Do yourself a favor and don't go there.

No, you can not email someone a downloaded iso. It's too big.

If you need some CDs, send me the URL of what you want and I'll download and
burn it for you.

Michael Havens wrote:
> I found out another thing that may play into the probleem: The OS I put on
> uses Debian's repositories,,,,,,, not ubuntus. I tried to apt when I first
> installed it. The repositories listed tried to pull from the OSes web site so
> I put a previously saved repository in and  that was ubuntu's. Could someone
> post some Debian repositories for me to try? If it says many packages not
> upgraded I will abort and try more fervently to get those cds. Well, all I
> need to do is spend a little money but I'm not sure the burner will work so I
> don't know if it would be a good thing to D/L it now or to wait until someone
> with a definately working  burner is willing to help. Along the same lines
> could I D/L it now and if I find the burner not working correctly could I
> email the D/Ls to someone? Further, aren't these 'extra' CDs just data cds or
> are they also ISOs?
>
> On Saturday 03 March 2007 4:27 pm, Michael Havens wrote:
>>> The big red-flag I noted is the *780 packages not upgraded*, that's
>>> usually a sign of a pending dist-upgrade that didn't complete or broke in
>>> the middle, and changing repositories at that point generally just blows
>>> apt-get's little tiny mind into small bits.  I'm betting that the primary
>>> problem you're having

-Eric 'shubes'