Desktop cluttered.

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Thu Mar 1 07:39:58 MST 2007

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, Bryan O'Neal wrote:

> Interesting, I have been using gnome lately and never used JWM, perhaps
> I should :)

I forgot to mention there are patches for Gnome to have different
backgrounds on each desktop.

As for JWM, it has some support for Gnome hints, so should work as a
replacement for metacity or whatever window manager you are using. You can
continue to use gnome, but you may also want to stop "gnome-panel" also.

(By the way, I often call a "desktop" a "workspace".)