security, encryption, and healthcare

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 23:56:37 MST 2007

On 3/1/07, Joseph Sinclair <plug-discussion at stcaz.net> wrote:

> Bubbles actually have nothing to do with money, they're about emotions and herd behavior, the internet had very little money in it when the last bubble began, it was the *perception* of "Dot Com" companies as growth opportunities that drove the frenzy.

  I was working on Wall St. from 2000-2001.  I saw the financial
aspect to the dot com boom first hand.  The true story of the dot com
bubble remains to be told.  One aspect of it that is not commonly
reported is its correlation to activity in the telecom world.  Much of
the rapid growth was entirely predictable given knowledge of telecom
and the changes brought by regulation and new technology such as fiber
optics.  So the boom was not all smoke and mirrors.

  What is interesting is that given this interpretation of history,
the telecom industry could be said to be regressing to the state it
was in prior to the dot com bubble.  Real estate and telecom are
related in very complex and interesting ways.  Real estate is about
the control of space, and telecom is about transcending it.  Ponder
that and you can understand many trends in both RE, Internet and
Politics.  Net Neutrality, is in certain capacity, a force to
dislocate Real Estate capital.

  -jmz

ps. what ever happened to the Tempe Municipal Wireless Project?

--
.0000. communication.
.0001. development.

JOSHUA M. ZEIDNER