More Big Brother

Bryan O'Neal BONeal at cornerstonehome.com
Wed Jul 25 18:26:46 MST 2007

This was started as an anti counterfeiting measure way back in the day,
and on high end machines you have to present credentials to purchase
them and the contract states you must notify the manufacturer if the
printer changes location or owners.  I just purchased a $35K Xerox and
can not tell it even has a marking, but I know it is their ;)
Supposedly it even marks what the date and time the print occurred.

Lower end machines, the kind you would purchase with cash, typically
only track down to the lot any way, much like a cop can tell what
conveyance store sold a particular bottle of bud and roughly when it was
sold by tracing the batch numbers.

Morel of the story, if your going to send a terrorist manifesto out then
print it out at a busy Kinko's during winter prior to its release (so
the fact your wearing gloves is not suspicious) and deal with the fact
it will be traced to that side of town (that Kinko's), but it was long
enough ago (at least 3, preferably six months) their should be littlie
evidence left you were their...  Oh and don't forget they can track the
envelopes to the store they were sold at, so purchase then near the
Kinko's, and don't touch anything, work in a fiber free environment, use
self adhesive stamps and envelopes (again, purchased near the Kinko's),
mail them out of a public postal box that you approaches on foot wearing
a decent costume (near the Kinko's) and don't ever go back to that
Kinko's.   Repeat until captured, preferably before you bomb the white
house.

On that note has any one else seen the mass proliferation of counterfeit
one dollar bills lately?  I stopped using cash for a while because I
felt bad passing them on and hated the loss of monetary value by
trashing them.