More Big Brother

Jim arizona.anorak at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 16:04:21 MST 2007

Exactly.  Forensic marking only works if the person who bought the
printer at the store pays for it using some means that can be tracked or
registers the printer for the warranty.  So it's easy to get around.

Pay with cash.

Don't send in the warranty card.  Of course you do risk the printer
breaking down.

Buy only the printer.  If you buy something else and send in the
warranty card for that, it gives them a way to track you.

Buy a used printer, but remember to pay cash for it.

--

"That income tax you know it's nothing more than legal robbery"
Sidney "Pa" Larkin

The magic HD-DVD number is:
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0