Network Admin position in North Phoenix

Bill Earl bearl at bestbill.com
Thu Jul 12 14:41:04 MST 2007

Hey there folks,

We have need for an additional network admin with Linux and Windows
experience. We're located very close to the Deer Valley Airport. In
fact, one of the taxiways goes past our building, and our building
includes a hangar. I'll paste in the description below that our HR
person has posted, but I'll try to add some more informal information
about us.

The environment here is busy but not frantic.  We try to minimize
emergencies by planning ahead of time, and I think we do a very good job
of that. We're growing quickly but it's a controlled growth. The owners
are in this for the long haul, not just to quickly grow a business and
sell it.

We have a very mixed environment, probably slightly more than half our
systems are Windows machines, but with more Linux systems installed all
the time. We choose the right tool for the job, and being what I call
"Operating System Agnostic" is very important to us. That extends even
to what Linux distribution we use on certain systems, though we're
predominantly using Debian Sarge.

Experience with highly-secure configurations and practices would be a
huge plus.Our users are reasonably tech-savvy, but there is a certain
amount of user training, assistance, and hand-holding required. We have
a fantastic staff of friendly people, and finding the right fit to come
in and get along with the rest of us is very important.  Feel free to
email me off list with questions about the position, and email
hr at bestbill.com with experience, resume, etc.  Our mail server removes
.doc attachments, so please send resumes in plain text or pdf format only.

With that said, here's the info that has been posted about the job:

Network Administrator II  Sets up, configures, and supports internal
and/or external networks. Develops and maintains all systems,
applications, security, and network configurations. Troubleshoots
network performance issues and creates and maintains a disaster recovery
plan. Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment.
Provides technical support and guidance to users. May require a
bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 2-4 years of experience in
the field or in a related area. Must be familiar with Microsoft Windows
and various Linux distributions, and comfortable configuring and
maintaining them in a highly secure environment. Relies on limited
experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety
of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of
creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a supervisor
or manager.

--
Bill Earl
Network Administrator