Software Freedom Day, planning meeting

Dennis Kibbe dennisk at linuxquestions.net
Thu Jul 12 22:22:14 MST 2007

September 15th is Software Freedom Day and the perfect day for PLUG to put on an event to promote Free software to the general public. The website is http://softwarefreedomday.org.

There are over 100 teams doing events around the world and I think Arizona should be represented. If we get our team registered by July 31st the organizers will send us t-shirts, stickers and other promotional items. Among the Software Freedom Day sponsors are Ubuntu and the Free Software Foundation.

I've reserved a study room from 10am to 12 noon at the Tempe Public Library this Saturday, the 14th so we can get together and plan an event for the Software Freedom Day.

The Tempe Public Library is on the Southwest corner of Southern & Rural in Tempe.

You can find a map here:

http://www.tempe.gov/library/admin/contactus/contact.htm

I've reserved study room D which is just down the stairs after you enter the main entrance which is south of the intersection on Rural.

Please join me if you can, bring ideas, pencil and paper and lets think up an event that will really promote Free software.

Thanks,

Dennisk