Cinelerra question

Vaughn Treude vltreude at deru.com
Thu Dec 27 06:44:23 MST 2007

Has anyone out there played with Cinelerra?  I have a captured movie in
MPG format that I want to edit.  Cinelerra did not let me edit in that
format.  Eventually I discovered VLC, which let me convert it to a  MOV
format, which Cinelerra can display.  However, the audio track doesn't
show up, and I know the audio's there, because I've played it on a
different program.  Some of the tutorials mention importing audio format
files, but don't say much about the audio that's integrated with the
video.  Any suggestions?  Do I maybe have to try a different format?

BTW, on the left there are speaker icons with red slashes through them,
but the flyover text says "don't send to output", so I think this is may
be just a kind of mute option.
Thanks,
Vaughn