Change OpenOffice.org Impress fonts?

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Thu Aug 30 07:44:41 MST 2007

Dennis Kibbe wrote:
> Isn't this what Styles & Formatting is designed for? Just type F11 and
> right click on the style and modify it globally. You do it exactly the
> same way in Writer.

Ah, yes.  You are so right, Dennis.  I excitedly tweaked the styles and
found...no change.  The author of this presentation did not use styles.

> ASIDE: Whenever someone says that OO.org didn't import and format a
> document correctly, click on View / Nonprinting Characters (CRTL F10).
> Nine times out of ten (I'd bet) the document was formated using tabs and
> spaces just as one would have done if using a typewriter. These "hard"
> characters force inappropriate on the new document.

I've seen such formating issues before (and will again).  This is not
the issue in my case.

> Anyone who has prepped someone else's document for printing will be
> shaking their head in agreement.

Exactly!

Just to close out this story, I solved the problem last night by editing
the text of the slides in Outline mode.  It took a while with 43 slides
in the presentation.  But, I did it while relaxing in the living room,
watching a show with my wife so it wasn't too bad.

For the curious, the presentation is a Creative Commons, Attribution
Only licensed "Introduction to Scrum" by Mike Cohn of Mountain Goat
Software.
(http://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/presentation_view/30)  If you want
my no content changed, font tweaked, OpenOffice.org Impress version,
I'll be happy to email it to you. (2.9MB in size)  I'm boning up and
getting ready for http://desertcodecamp.com.

Alan