Change OpenOffice.org Impress fonts?

Dennis Kibbe dennisk at linuxquestions.net
Wed Aug 29 09:15:52 MST 2007

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Aug 2007, Alan Dayley wrote:
>
>> I want to change the font definitions on all the slides all at once.
>
>> I have not found a way to do this from within the application.  Having
>> converted it to an .odp file, maybe some text manipulation of the XML is
>> in order but I have not found a tool for that either.
>
> That's what I'd suggest. Use vi to edit the XML file.
>
> (I haven't done it myself in that case, but I have had to edit XML files
> from Scribus and other layout programs because the user interface isn't
> intuitive or capable to make simple changes that can be easily done in a
> text editor by editing the XML source.)
>

>   Jeremy C. Reed

Isn't this what Styles & Formatting is designed for? Just type F11 and
right click on the style and modify it globally. You do it exactly the
same way in Writer.

ASIDE: Whenever someone says that OO.org didn't import and format a
document correctly, click on View / Nonprinting Characters (CRTL F10).
Nine times out of ten (I'd bet) the document was formated using tabs and
spaces just as one would have done if using a typewriter. These "hard"
characters force inappropriate on the new document.

Anyone who has prepped someone else's document for printing will be
shaking their head in agreement.

Dennisk

--
Phoenix Linux Users Group