Free Software Accountant

eric© ericlists at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 14:05:50 MST 2007

Seems to me that this isn't anything new....we've been dealing with
issues like this with free software for years. I've always felt that
it was my responsibility to determine suitability of any software for
my uses (free software or not), including thinking about future use
including compatibility issues.  In the case of anything I  use for my
business, I'm going to be inspecting it with a fine tooth comb before
I rely on it.  This is the reason I use Quicken/Quickbooks instead of
software like GNUcash, for now.  While I realize Peachtree is
considered more of the "standard", that's way more than I really need
now.

While I'm all for free software as well, I don't believe it's the end
all, be all of software.  Just like choosing to run Windows over Linux
(or any other OS), I believe it's nothing more than a tool.  Some
tools work better for some jobs than others.  When I'm loading up
games, I'd rather give some money to the evil empire for Windows,
rather than deal with the hassle of trying to force them to work under
other OS'es.

eric