east side tonight

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Thu Apr 12 01:13:39 MST 2007

moin moin,

just a reminder that the east side meeting is tonight.

PLUG will have a representative at the annual membership meeting of
the Free Software Foundation, Saturday, March 24 at MIT in Cambridge,
Massachusetts. PLUG member Dennis Kibbe will be attending the all day
meeting which will include presentations by Dr. Richard Stallman and FSF
legal consul, Prof. Eben Moglen.

With the next version of the GNU General Public License (GPLv3) about to
be released the upcoming PLUG meeting will be a good opportunity to learn
how the GPL will continue to protect Free Software.

The FSF membership meeting will cover many other topics and there will be
a discussion of future goals of the FSF, so be sure to put the next PLUG
meeting on your calendar!

Links:

1. http://www.fsf.org/news/member-meeting-2007 (Meeting Agenda)
2. http://gplv3.fsf.org/gpl-draft-2006-07-27.html (GPLv3 Draft)
3. http://punkcast.com/964/ ('Free Software and Free Media' Eben Moglen)
4. http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/audio/audio.html#QMUL2002 (Copyright vs
Community in the age of computer Networks, Richard Stallman)

19:00 at Sequoia.

The Sequoia Charter School is located at 1460 S Horne, Mesa, AZ, just
north of US 60 on the west side of the street. There is NOT a freeway ramp
at Horne, so take the Mesa or Stapley exit north to Southern. Turn south
onto Horne and look for us on the right.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=1460+S+Horne,+Mesa,+AZ

bis dann,

der.hans
#  "I guess I should've agreed with my boss more often. Today I was replaced
#  by a bobblehead doll!" -- Randy Glasbergen, 13Mar2006