kubuntu on old laptop

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 22:32:38 MST 2006

Where did you get the DVD?  I was not able to find a DVD iso for download,
but I only checked 8 of the USA sites.  For that matter what variations are
on it?  I was hoping desktop, server, alternate ununtu and kubuntu and maybe
even the edu/xbuntu variants (though I would guess not al of them).  That
would be very handy for friends and for experimentation.

On 9/23/06, Joseph Sinclair <plug-discussion at stcaz.net> wrote:

> Hmmm....  I just ran the install this evening using the latest 6.06.1 ISO
> and it had an option to do a text-based install, may have been DVD, however,
> I'll have to check...  Oops, I guess it was a DVD, thought it was a CD.
> I just checked the CD, though, and you're right, it only offers the Live
> install.  The alternate CD does offer the text-mode install.  I guess they
> combined them for the DVD and I just grabbed the wrong disk earlier.  Points
> to an advantage for the DVD, it has all of the install methods right there,
> no fumbling for multiple disks.
>
> ==Joseph++
>
> JT Moree wrote:
> a text-mode install (or OEM install or Server install), which bypasses the
> liveCD environment for slower machines, or if you just prefer non-graphic
> installs.
> >
> > I dont think they have that for the latest release.  From what the site
> > says and my experience, you have to use the DVD or alternate install cd.
> >
> > --
> > JT Morée
> > PC Xperience, Inc.

and those who matter don't mind.  - Dr. Seuss