kubuntu on old laptop

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Sat Sep 23 22:14:12 MST 2006

Hmmm....  I just ran the install this evening using the latest 6.06.1 ISO and it had an option to do a text-based install, may have been DVD, however, I'll have to check...  Oops, I guess it was a DVD, thought it was a CD.
I just checked the CD, though, and you're right, it only offers the Live install.  The alternate CD does offer the text-mode install.  I guess they combined them for the DVD and I just grabbed the wrong disk earlier.  Points to an advantage for the DVD, it has all of the install methods right there, no fumbling for multiple disks.

==Joseph++