Tech Support Recommendations

Ben Francom bfrancom at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 10:55:01 MST 2006

On 9/21/06, Jason Etchason <loomis53 at gmail.com> wrote:

> My (just recently employed me) company is currently going through some
> technical woes, and it could be time to start shopping for new tech
> support.  They are currently running a dinasour shop with a netware 4x,
> exchange 2000 and 100+ DOS terminal stations (plus a handful of XP for the
> support staff).
>
> Our current tech support seems to sware by M$.  When I asked about *nix
> option, his opinion was that we'd end up "in the same boat as we are
> now".... i'm guessing a supportless environment is what he meant?
>
> Anyway,  I'm hoping for some recommendations for a vendor that might help
> steer us in the right direction, capable of working with netware, M$ and
> Linux and most importantly able to chose the best tool for the job.
> (located on the west side, near 51st ave and Bell.)

We've used a consultant that does NetWare servers and is good.  He is a
Novell guy through and through, so he'll lean that way.  We use NetWare (6.5)
and (SuSE) Linux where I work with XP clients.  The directory and print
services is very hard to beat on NetWare.
He wouldn't mind discussing your needs.  Here is his info:

Gary Christensen
Desert Lans Ltd.
480-752-9369