Website contributions (Was: Re: The site is down)

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sun Sep 10 21:05:47 MST 2006

Am 08. Sep, 2006 schwätzte Darrin Chandler so:

> On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 02:31:10PM -0700, Shawn Badger wrote:
>> I personally would be interested in a sysadm type of meeting! I get some
>> out of the other topics, but usually find most of the east side meetings
>> (the only ones I have attended) to be of little interest to me. Although
>> I liked the Blender presentations!
>
> You might be interested in some of the BSD meetings. How BSD specific
> they are varies, but often enough it'll be applicable to Linux. Recently
> we've done Nagios and Kerberos topics that would transfer pretty well.
> If you're interested then check the web site (in my sig) for upcoming
> meeting topics, etc.

I think Nagios and Kerberos would be great topics. Last I knew ASU was
stil big into AFS, which means it's big into Kerberos. As an added bonus
Paul is back in town and can correct out pronunciation for us :).

> Then perhaps there could be a synergy between PLUG, PhxBUG, and LOPSA.
> "Joint" meetings where the topics are applicable to the three groups.

I would love to have join meetings.

> Minor differences between BSD and Linux could be covered but kept to a
> minimum. Nagios would have been great for that, I think.

As I've said before, *BSD-specific presenations would fine. I think most
topics would work for both GNU/Linux and *BSD.

> For dev meetings it might be nice to pull in some presenters from
> Phoenix.pm, AZonRails, etc., or once again have a "Joint" meeting.
> Different groups could "host" depending on circumstances.

I have asked them to do presentations for us. Please point them at Alan.

> I'm trying to think of how to get the benefits of SIGs with less pain.
> Any suggestions?

I like the idea of cross-group topics or at least getting presentations
from one group to another.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  "This place has everything. It's even got a Hans."  -- Ken Bowley