Thoughts on Gentoo

Slide slide.o.mix at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 05:08:03 MST 2006

I use Gentoo on all but a few computers. The thing I like most about
it, and why I stick with it even though it can take a long time to
install things, is the configuration and init setup. The init script
are very very easy to understand and the configuration that they
depend on is great (/etc/conf.d). I've toyed with the idea of creating
my own melded distro of debian and gentoo, but I have never had the
time.