Thoughts on Gentoo

Kenneth madhse at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 8 00:47:31 MST 2006

Any Gentoo users around here?

I'm taking my second stab at setting it up on a spare partition.  I'm not
sure yet if I'm going to keep it, but curious what others think of it.

So far, I haven't emerged gnome, as I haven't had 9 - 10 hours of free time
to let it compile.

I'm using icewm with no frills.  I can say one thing for sure, its FAST.  I
don't know how much is due to the lightweight WM and how much to the custom
compiling, but I like it.

I was a little disappointed that I had to read up on USE flags just to
install Mozilla, but I guess I had to learn sometime.