Drive Recovery Software

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 11:00:51 MST 2006

I have used a program called Spinrite from Gibson Research for years.
Depending on exactly what the fault was, it may be able to repair the
problem.  It can take a very long time to run on a bad drive.  I believe you
can still download a full copy for a limited time trial at
http://www.grc.com if I remember correctly.  That is also the home of
ShieldsUp someone mentioned recently.

Hmmm, I just went to the site and it looks like version 5 may be available
for free but I did not find a trial thing for version 6.  BTW, version 6 is
far from new.  Steve has been promising an upgrade to 6 for years but seems
to have too many other projects to get it done.  I suspect that is because
he is old like me.  :)

On 11/30/06, MIchael Sammartano <volinaz at cox.net> wrote:

> Where did you get McAfee from? The company name is Kroll OnTrack and they
> are a global company that deals with DATA RECOVERY, not anti malware. Yes
> it
> may be expensive to purchase, but what is the information lost worth?
> Welcome to the Digital Information Age.  The more we store on disk, the
> more
> likely the odds are that we will have to pay the price to recover, as we
> all
> know all physical things eventually die, no matter how redundant we may
> be!
>
> http://www.iconnetworksolutions.com

and those who matter don't mind.  - Dr. Seuss