X11 and OO?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Nov 13 18:13:27 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 15:06 -0700, Dan Lund wrote:
> yeah your right, thats why NeoOffice came about.  It uses the native
> widget set, and integrates into OSX instead of running under X inside
> of OSX.
----
NeoOffice ships a knowingly less featured version (which is OK for now)
but it is still slow as a dog.
----
> I downloaded X from the net, and installed it.  No, I don't use the
> mac daily.  I merely use it as a backup system... I figure might as
> well be as comfortable as possible when using it, though.
----
official release packages for OOo on OS X do only run on X11 and they
run better but as I said, it's a hard sell because...
- It's a separate (who knows how well maintained) install of X11
- It doesn't use Macintosh fonts/printers
- There are few Macintosh users that could ever get spadmin running to
even figure out how to add printers/fonts

Craig