X11 and OO?

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 15:06:20 MST 2006

yeah your right, thats why NeoOffice came about.  It uses the native
widget set, and integrates into OSX instead of running under X inside
of OSX.

I downloaded X from the net, and installed it.  No, I don't use the
mac daily.  I merely use it as a backup system... I figure might as
well be as comfortable as possible when using it, though.

On 11/13/06, jd at twingeckos.com <jd at twingeckos.com> wrote:
> Joshua Zeidner wrote:
> >
> >  no, Craig wrote: "OpenOffice doesn't get adopted because it only runs
> > on X11".  That is not true as far as I know.  Is there something I am
> > missing here? -jmz
> >
> He was talking about macs.  As far as I know the mac version of open
> office does use X.
> I don't have one but from what I've heard X isn't installed by default
> but comes on the CD.
> JD
>
> --
> JD Austin
> Twin Geckos Technology Services LLC
> email: jd at twingeckos.com
> http://www.twingeckos.com
> phone/fax: 480.288.8195

"Courage is like love; it must have hope to nourish it."
-Napoleon Bonaparte