Java and OOo

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Sat Nov 11 19:20:42 MST 2006

As you might have noticed from the OP, I'm running the Sun AMD64 version of Java (i.e. 64-bit).
I've had no problems with OO.o, including Base, Calc, Impress, and Write.

Relatively little of OO.o uses Java, but there are some references in the online documentation to specify which these are.

As I mentioned, the GNU GIJ interpreted will NOT support OO.o fully, there are too many libraries not written yet.  I have the Sun JRE loaded for OO.o and for development purposes.  The only time I use GIJ or GCJ is to test things, and for Firefox.