KDE Desktop Sharing

Daniel Parraz daniyel95 at yahoo.com
Wed May 17 09:48:16 MST 2006

Alan,

With Novell Suse 10 and Gnome desktop, I have to go into Yast as root, and then down to Services, and into Remote Administration to allow VNC access. Next, in your Display Properties, I also have to allow VNC.

In remote administration it prompts to open the port on your local machine for VNC access.

Hope this helps.

Daniel Parraz

Alan Gore <agore at qwest.net> wrote:              I want to set up KDE Desktop Sharing on an Open SUSE 10.1 system so I can VNC to it from other machines. I set this facility up as indicated, but none of my other machines can see it. Since this installation of SUSE is brand new, there is probably some other setup I need to do first. On installation, I allowed SUSE to set up basic internet access (Qwest DSL), which works fine.

  Any ideas on VNC? The clients I’m using, one on a Win XP PC and one on an OS X Mac, have been well-tested with other VNC servers.