Wanted Someone to Coordinate the Westside PLUG Meetings

David Huerta huertanix at gmail.com
Mon May 15 21:40:26 MST 2006

I discussed the idea of consolidating PLUG activities with George.  DeLUG
currently has some official status as a student org (under STEM) at GCC to
hold meetings, post fliers, basic stuff.  The idea I had is for DeLUG to no
longer hold guest speaker-type meetings (replaced with virtualized,
hands-on, and social meetings), but would bring any speakers it would
otherwise have to PLUG/West, giving guest speakers a chance to speak to a
combined PLUG/DeLUG audience.

There's been some problems getting in contact with some of the STEM folk at
GCC, though, so progress has been a bit slow...

On 5/15/06, Darrin Chandler <dwchandler at stilyagin.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 08:51:55PM -0700, David Huerta wrote:
> > >Never been to the West Side before? Virtually nobody there aside from
> > >a couple old folks.
> > >
> > And two other complete LUGs...
>
> Ahh... Back to my point. See if any of those LUG people will present at
> a west side meeting. At least some of those presenters would be willing,
> I'm sure.
>
> And that's all I'm going to contribute to this thread. I'm an east
> sider, I'm afraid. Anything west of I-10 is east LA to me.
>
> --
> Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD Users Group
> dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
> http://www.stilyagin.com/  |

david [.dh] huerta
devrylinux.org