Wanted Someone to Coordinate the Westside PLUG Meetings

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon May 15 21:48:27 MST 2006

Am 15. May, 2006 schwätzte David Huerta so:

> I discussed the idea of consolidating PLUG activities with George.  DeLUG
> currently has some official status as a student org (under STEM) at GCC to
> hold meetings, post fliers, basic stuff.  The idea I had is for DeLUG to no
> longer hold guest speaker-type meetings (replaced with virtualized,
> hands-on, and social meetings), but would bring any speakers it would
> otherwise have to PLUG/West, giving guest speakers a chance to speak to a
> combined PLUG/DeLUG audience.

That would be great. I'd like the LUGs to co-promote events.

For instance, southwest valley people should go to the South Mountain CC
LUG events even if they participate in PLUG mailing lists.

DeLUG and PLUG west side are right next to each other, so we definitely
should be co-promoting events.

> There's been some problems getting in contact with some of the STEM folk at
> GCC, though, so progress has been a bit slow...

STEM? Student something something something?

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  "So the environment is not a luxury ... It is an economically important
#  insurance policy whose wisdom we ignore at our peril."
#  -- Klaus Toepfer, U.N. environment agency Executive Director