OT Mini-RANT: fc5: wifi & ndiswrapper

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Tue Mar 28 18:16:18 MST 2006

Craig White wrote:

>On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 16:14 -0700, Darrin Chandler wrote:
>

>><disclaimer>
>>This broadcom card is probably something you've had laying around for
>>ages, and you're just trying to get it to work. Josh, this isn't
>>*really* aimed *directly* at you... (unless it applies)
>></disclaimer>
>>

>while I would agree with you, this doesn't exactly help Josh who
>probably bought this laptop before he was savvy about Linux and
>hardware.

I realize that this may not be Josh's choice, hence the disclaimer. I
can't really help much with getting it working. Last time I used
ndiswrapper it worked fine from source (then I got disgusted with myself
and exchanged the wifi card for one with a chipset from a vendor with a
clue). Seems like this is a minor FC5 problem.

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |