svn ignore

Jerry Davis jdawgaz at cox.net
Fri Mar 10 22:48:10 MST 2006

On Thursday 09 March 2006 10:31 pm, Craig White wrote:
<snip>

lets say you have a directory you want import
call it importdir

make sure that you have
importdir/trunk/....
importdir/tags
importdir/branches

1. mkdir svn-repository
2. cd importdir
3. import
4. mkdir of ~/svnwork (for example)
5. cd ~/svnwork
6. checkout the trunk

> cd working directory
> checkout
> from home computer checkout
> make changes, commit (puts the changes into svn-repository)
> back to working directory on server

> checkout and commit to get latest code functional in working directory
no.

on server do a update (you've already done a checkout once)

> thus my home computer (where I make changes) and my working directory
> (where I actually run the code) both checkout code from the repository.
>
> does that generally describe the process as I believe it to be the way
> things work?
>
> Craig

Hobbit Name: Pimpernel Loamsdown
Registered Linux User: 275424

This email's random fortune: And now for something completely different.