svn ignore

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Mar 11 18:08:58 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 22:48 -0700, Jerry Davis wrote:
> On Thursday 09 March 2006 10:31 pm, Craig White wrote:
> <snip>
>
> lets say you have a directory you want import
> call it importdir
>
> make sure that you have
> importdir/trunk/....
> importdir/tags
> importdir/branches
>

> 1. mkdir svn-repository
> 2. cd importdir
> 3. import
> 4. mkdir of ~/svnwork (for example)
> 5. cd ~/svnwork
> 6. checkout the trunk
>
> > cd working directory
> > checkout
> > from home computer checkout
> > make changes, commit (puts the changes into svn-repository)
> > back to working directory on server
>
> > checkout and commit to get latest code functional in working directory
> no.
>
> on server do a update (you've already done a checkout once)

----
got it - and it's up and running now, small hurdles but it's all good.

Had to figure out how to copy/svn delete/svn:ignore copy back into place
files/directories that I can't have versioning.

I am gathering that a cool thing to do is to keep a list of files that
you want to ignore, set it with svn:ignore -F option and that list can
be operate at all checkouts (ruby on rails has a few files/folders that
are specific to the individual setup and versioning is dangerous or
simply counter productive)

Thanks

craig