reading ntfs with redhat 9.0

Wagner, Steven G digital9ja at cox.net
Sun Jun 25 15:34:25 MST 2006

*easy fix*

You can use a knoppix disc. I've always been able to read NTFS files under
Knoppix, and since 3.4 I believe the "capture NTFS" utility is available.
This uses reverse engineered winbloze .dlls to handle writing to NTFS.

In your case I think RH disabled NTFS support by default for legal reasons.
If you really want to get NTFS support working on your system and not have
to boot into Knoppix to view your pics here's a link that should help:
http://www.linux-noob.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t16.html

The instructions are pretty straight-forward, so I don't think you'll have
any trouble following them.