Ubuntu 5.10 to 6.06 Upgrade Experience

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Tue Jun 6 14:07:18 MST 2006

Am 06. Jun, 2006 schwätzte Austin Godber so:

> Then again ... update-manager just hosed my install at the pcmcia-cs
> package point.  Thats OK ... I knew i was taking the cheap way out and
> not even logging out of X to do my upgrade ... Its time for a reinstall

Shouldn't need to log out of X to do a dist-upgrade. After the upgrade
maybe, but not to do it.

> anyway, its been a few years.

Shouldn't need to reinstall. Boxen should be installed once unless you're
changing distros. Heck, maybe not even then. I'm thinking about trying to
go from sarge to dapper.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/