Change hostname etc.? - Success!

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Jul 21 17:20:02 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 17:00 -0700, Alan Dayley wrote:

> Do this by rechecking "Also Use SMB Information for Linux Authentication"
> in the location described above.  It did indeed trigger the creation of a
> new secrets file that incorporates the new hostname, as confirmed by a
> grep of the secrets file.
----
just an FYI (which is one of the things I love when Joseph knocks my
socks off...

samba 'tdb' files are mini database files - which samba created for this
purpose and it stands for 'trivial data base'

samba also includes other utilities such as tdbdump which is very useful
for debugging the various tdb files that samba creates for file
locking/printers/secrets, etc.

http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#What_are_tdb_files.3F

Craig